Monday, October 26, 2015

10 Ways to Release Negative Thoughts


Thank you for stopping by to read my blog, as always my goal is to empower and inspire you. 
Are you overwhelmed with negative thoughts? Do you always respond to others with negative comments? Are you always angry?

If you answered yes to any of above questions, you may find this blog to be of use for you. Listed below are ten (10) ways to release negative thoughts. We have about 65,000-75,000 thoughts per day and 95% of them are negative. The reason behind this is because we were programmed to think negative when we were children. Explore my ten ways to release negative thoughts and then practice them.

1. Acknowledge the thought:It is impossible to release a negative thought if you refuse to acknowledge that it exists. The purpose of acknowledging the thought is to become aware of what you think. More importantly, there is no negative behavior w/o first a negative thought. Acknowledge your thought simply by saying "I hear you" and then replace it with a positive thought.

2. Replace the negative thought with a positive thought:When you have a thought that states you are "fat" or "you will never be happy," counteract that thought by saying "I am thin and healthy" and "I am always happy." Do not entertain the thought by creating an emotion as it will become your belief or life. Thoughts become things and they always follow an emotion that creates more energy surrounding the thought and bringing it into fruition.

3. Ask yourself: What am I thinking and what am I feeling:The goal behind this is to bring your mind back to the present moment. Generally when we are in deep thought it is because we are focused on the past or future and neither one of them are more important than the present moment. The past brings tears and the future brings fears. Ask yourself, "What am I thinking?" This will empower you to become conscious and redirect your thoughts on something more positive. Then ask yourself, "What am I feeling?" This will empower you to become conscious of any unhealthy emotions you may have created from the negative thought.

4. Don't internalize other people’s thoughts:The last thing you should do is internalize what someone else thinks of you and/or make it yours. In the past, there were probably people who spoke negative to you and you believed them. Well, that is internalizing their thought or opinion of you. What others think of you is their business not yours. Allow it to go in one ear and out the other.

5. Speak affirmations into your life:If you really want to release negative thoughts, speak positive affirmations in your life. Use the two most powerful words you will ever speak. I AM.
  • I am beautiful
  • I am wealth
  • I am health
  • I am supported by the Universe
  • I love and approve of myself
  • I believe in myself and my abilities
  • I always make the right choices
  • I learn from my mistakes and trust myself
Try those daily and add more that represent your feelings. POSITIVE ONLY

6. Don't take the thought seriously:Too many of us allow our minds to wander off and w/o any facts to support our thoughts, we take them seriously. Have you ever witnessed someone go from smiling to frowning? Imagine what he or she is thinking about and how that person's thoughts have changed their entire mood. Thoughts are just that and you have the ability to analyze yours and decide if you want to take the thought seriously or counteract with a positive thought. 

7. Don't blame others for your negative thinking:Placing blame denies you the opportunity to learn from pain and experiences. When you have negative thoughts, it is because you choose to think negative. More than half of our daily thoughts are negative and you can consciously make a choice to think positive. But, please do not blame others for your negative thought process. Maybe you were raised in a negative environment and simply carried that energy to your adult life, but no-one is responsible for you creating negative thoughts. Be accountable for your negative mindset and that way you have the desire to change it. Blaming shifts you from focusing on a solution and thereby focusing on the problem.

8. Smile:Smiling is contagious and when you smile more, it’s obvious that smile is accompanied with positive thoughts, unless you’re being sarcastic or facetious. When you smile there is a positive response that goes back to the brain and supports our feeling of joy. Basically, smiling is like eating chocolate and inducing pleasure. Smile more as it stimulates positive thoughts and pleasure. Even if someone insults you, you can smile and compliment them. Don't give in to that negative energy or you will create more negative thoughts.

9. Surround yourself with positive people:We’ve heard this time and time again and most people do not follow this simple rule. Negative minded people rub off on you. Transfer of energy is real and when people are filled with negative thoughts, they speak negative and eventually you will begin to think and speak just like them. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be destroyed, nor created, but it can be transferred. Surround yourself with positive thinking people as those are the ones you want to rub off on you. Like attracts like. 

10. List 10 things you are grateful for right now:
  • I’m alive
  • I have good health
  • I have wealth
  • I help others heal
  • I understand forgiveness
  • I have compassion for others
  • I have access to abundance
  • I have a beautiful son
  • I have a wonderful husband
  • I have food, clothes and shelter
For more on creating a positive mindset and releasing negative thoughts stay tuned for the release of Mental MakeOver (Creating a Positive Mindset w/ Thought Provoking quotes) 


I am not only a Certified Life Coach, Author and Speaker; I have conquered thirty years of abuse; including incest, rape, sexual, physical, emotional, verbal abuse, and two domestic violence relationships. Today, my vision is to empower you to reach emotional freedom while gaining clarity and discovering your infinite possibilities. 

“What happened; didn't happen to me, it happened FOR me and today my mission is to guide you to design a healthy, meaningful life through knowledge, consciousness, self-reflection, accountability, self-love and forgiveness.”

Contact me for more details. 
773.419.3070
Healing the Mind, Body & Soul
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel
Follow me on Twitter
Like My FB Page
Follow me on Instagram

HAPPY FALL!!!!