Thursday, December 18, 2014

Emotional Freedom & Personal Power

Thank you for stopping by as always, my goal is to empower and transform your life.

If you are looking to understand how to reach Emotional Freedom and gain Personal Power, you have come to the right place. Before I share what this means, I will share with you a bit of my life when I was emotionally unstable and how it affected my personal power and physical being.

Emotional Freedom does not mean being single, isolating yourself, nor does it mean being in a relationship and, or not having to deal with, or avoiding people.

Here are a few examples of my instabilities and an explanation.
Inability to Trust: What that really mean is I didn't trust myself, or my ability to make good decisions. The reason behind this was as a child, I suffered from sexual abuse and was blamed; that alone will make anyone doubt their decisions and/or people. What's more, I never processed the pain and scars left in my mind, not my heart. I never processed the truth of the matter that ALL people who come into your life are not there to cause pain. In essence, I dealt with, processed and conquered the pain and today, I not only trust, but I have very meaningful relationships with people, both personally and professionally.

Feeling Worthless: The reason behind this is when I was a teen, I was always called worthless, stupid, dumb and other demeaning names. As a teen, I was already in an identity crisis and being called these names over and over again made me believe them. As I grew, I grew with these bad emotions about myself. The fact that I didn't process, or try to determine if I worthless or dumb, I accepted and believed what I was told. It wasn't until very later in life when I decided to go back and confront my past so I could remove from my mind what others taught me to believe.

Confusing Love with Abuse: Being born into abuse left me very confused and unable to entertain anything different. To me, love was being disrespected, abused, betrayed and deceived. In fact, I was conditioned to this type of treatment so I never sought anything different. I accepted being mistreated by so many people and was abused more, and later in life as an adult. Eventually, I discovered love and that was self love. Through my determination and self acceptance, I refused to be treated like anything other than the Queen I am.

Because of these unprocessed emotions, I developed a ulcer, panic and anxiety attacks, migraine headaches, and colitis. Do you see how these unprocessed emotions affect your physical being? To give you a better understanding, we have energy centers called Chakras. These Chakras are your spiritual sources of power and they can be characterized as being a vortex or (whirlpool) that releases and attracts energy; negative & positive alike. They start from your tail bone and end at the crown of your head. These Chakras are the main source of your life force, and their well-being is vital to your holistic health. (Emotional, Physical, Spiritual and Mental) When these Chakras are open and activated, every aspect of your being flourishes.

Negative energy does nothing for the mind, body or soul and what happens is, these Chakras close and no longer produce the necessary energy to feed the governed organ or empower you. Two of my physical problems were ulcers and colitis, and if you notice, they are a part of the digestive system. My 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus, Personal Power), located within the belly region was closed and that resulted in a lack of energy to my digestive system and lead to the ulcers and colitis. What's more, if you noticed, three of my emotional instabilities were characterized by inability to trust, feeling worthless and confusing love with abuse. The three described are all apart of my self-esteem or Personal Power. Later, I will describe a few ways to open and activate your Personal Power Chakra resulting in associated cured dis-ease of the body and increased self-esteem. For now, here is how I define Emotional Freedom.

Emotional Freedom is being free from feeling like a victim or being controlled by our emotions. We are emotionally free when we learn to process and manage our feelings so that we do not become them, reactive to, or controlled by them.

Now, why does so many people lack Emotional Freedom? Because everybody wants to blame everybody for their emotions. When you blame others, you do not learn. Everybody wants to play victim. No one wants to be responsible for their emotions. But here is a clue, your emotions are yours and not anyone else's. You are responsible for your emotions and you have to learn to control and manage them. How do you do this?

By confronting and processing your past pain as it is attached to feelings such as, guilt, shame, anger, sadness, loneliness, heartache, grief, sorrow, fear, outrage over injustice, and helplessness. Now, you may not have caused those emotions to surface, but you are responsible for the manifestation of, and controlling them. No one is in your head pushing a button telling you to feel this way. You are allowing your feelings to control you and when more conflict arises, these are the emotions that will cause you to react. Remove yourself from victim status as you are not a victim today. You are not. Sure you may have been hurt, but do you have to allow that pain and the emotions to control your life? No. Have more compassion for yourself, by loving you and understanding that pain is inevitable. We must be willing to forgive self, others and learn from our pain, and that is in a good way. Forgiving others is cohesive with self-love.

When we accomplish managing and being responsible for our emotions, we gain Personal Power and it gets better when you stay on this path; confront, process and learn. What did the experience of pain teach you about you? Focus on the positive and not the negative.

Here are a few ways to determine if your Personal Power Chakra is closed or weak. 
  • You see yourself as powerless 
  • You shame yourself 
  • You fear you will never have a good life 
  • Unhappy/depressed 
  • Feels unlovable 
  • Never satisfied 
  • Difficulty concentrating 
  • Inability to make decisions 
  • Trouble taking action or getting things done 
  • Lack of confidence 
  • Low self-esteem 
Physical Dis-ease
  • Digestive, liver or pancreas disorder 
  • Ulcers 
  • Gallstones 
  • Diabetes
Clearing, balancing and energizing your Personal Power Chakra can be done in numerous ways. The Personal Power Chakra is associated with the color yellow so...
  • Eat yellow foods
  • Wear yellow clothes
  • Decorate a room with a shade of yellow
  • Meditate
  • Bathe in yellow water (Organic dyes for bathing) 
  • Spend time in the sunlight 
  • Do a task that you've been putting off. Make sure you choose something you can finish.
Repeat affirmations such as:
  • I am worthy 
  • I am capable 
  • I am powerful 
  • I set and reach my goals 
  • My needs are important 
  • If conflict is necessary, I can take it on 
  • I know who I am and where I'm going 
  • I can solve any problem that comes up 
  • I love and respect myself 
  • I am worthy of the best in life

I am not only a Certified Life Coach, Author and Speaker; I have conquered thirty years of abuse; including incest, rape, sexual, physical, emotional, verbal abuse, and two domestic violence relationships. Today, my vision is to empower you to reach emotional freedom while gaining clarity and discovering your infinite possibilities. 
“What happened; didn't happen to me, it happened FOR me and today my mission is to guide you to design a healthy, meaningful life through knowledge, consciousness, self-reflection, accountability, self-love and forgiveness.”

Contact me for more details.
773.419.3070
Healing the Mind, Body & Soul
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel
Follow me on Twitter
Like My FB Page
Follow me on Instagram
Thank you for reading and please subscribe/ and/or follow.