Thursday, March 1, 2012

Follow Your Heart

I wrote Perfectly Planned because the God told a friend of mine to tell me "You should write a Book." I made the decision a year later and began the process. My drive came while I was writing. It was never in my plan plan to write a book, I always wanted to become an RN or Surgeon. I came pretty close, so today I am a Medical Technologist, one who test body fluids for diseases, i.e. HIV, STD's, Cancer, Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Typing Blood for Patients to receive Transfusions, etc. I basically assist the Dr's in diagnosing 70% of diseases. It's satisfying and can be boring. At any rate as I mentioned, writing a book was never in my plan, it was God's plan. Am I delighted I did? Yes I am, since my story has changed many lives and has given victims of abuse the opportunity to heal, forgive and press forward.

When I shared this information with relatives, I did not receive any support, (in the beginning) some of the comments made to me were.

  • I will sue you if you mention my name
  • I'm not reading it
  • Why are you doing this
  • I don't support you
  • I hope you don't lie
Those are just a few of the comments thrown at me, not one supportive comment. But that didn't stop me, as I said, I knew Perfectly Planned would change lives so I could not be concerned with the individuals who were afraid of people hearing about the lies, betrayal, and abuse that lived in our family. Why worry about hurting them when I could help hundreds, maybe even thousands. Understand I did have compassion, but, more for the many victims who needed and would definitely read Perfectly Planned. So I followed my heart and the birth of Perfectly Planned came three years later.

Today it's a different approach from relatives, they all understand that Perfectly Planned was written not to hurt them but to help guide others out of their darkness and into GOD's light. The sad part, only one of my relatives have purchased Perfectly Planned. Writing a book is a huge accomplishment as not everyone can do so. Not only that, the content of the book shows courage, love and inspiration on my part. It saddened me that only one of my relatives purchased my book, why not support the only individual in the family that completed a Non-Fiction Novel sharing her life of abuse. I can understand not reading it especially if he/she was on of my abusers, but why not just purchase it, simply because you love me. But everyone wants a free one, sad.

As you see I spoke in past tense when I said "I was saddened," as I also underlined and placed the "ed" in Bold, why, because today I'm not sad, I'm happy, I followed a dream I never knew I had. This was God's dream for me; to become an Author and Writer and I do pretty good. Although, majority of my relatives have not purchased my book, they show there support in other ways such as promoting, book signings etc and I appreciate that, I really do. What I don't appreciate is them going out and supporting some other other business by purchasing their product and not mine. But hey, what can I say, this issues runs deep in the black families.

Okay I'm pushing here, I wonder if they even read my blogs or follow my blog or even know what my website looks like or have even liked my fan page. Although, I do have to thank one of them for introducing me to Adsense, she knows who she is and I really appreciate that. I have to tell her thank you and I will. I can't be too surprised that support doesn't exist in my large family, it didn't growing up so why would things change now that we are adults at the end of the day, I love them, because we have all come a long way. 

In essence, you may never receive the support you desire from family, don't allow that to stop you, FOLLOW YOUR HEART. I did and look at what it's got me, love and support from many people across the U.S., not only that. I have affected many lives in a positive way, which was a dream of mine as early as child. I remember wanting and desiring to be a good influence in someones life, Well my dream has come true. So here is what you do.
  • Push Forward- Don't allow the negative actions or reactions to discourage you
  • Strive- Strive for the best and be the best you can be
  • Positive Energy- Surround yourself with positive people who will encourage you
  • Pray or Meditate- God or your higher self will always give you the best direction
  • Persevere- Never give up; stick with it until completion
  • Be Determined- Maintain your strength and never allow anyone to get in your way
  • Self-Motivation- Since you do not have the support, Tell Yourself  "I CAN DO THIS WITH OR WITH OUT YOU."
  • Have Discipline- Even when you have a million other things to do, stay on task
  • Focus- There will be distractions, but keep your eyes on the prize
  • Get Out of Your Own Way- Some of us have dreams and we are the reason those dreams never become a reality, step to the side, have some courage and faith and "JUST DO IT"
We all know what happened when Tyler Perry followed his dreams, the rest is history. So I encourage you to step forward with your best foot and get started. Whatever it is you wish to accomplish, get started. Don't wait for others, don't procrastinate and don't lose sight. Ready, Set, GO!!!

I am not only a Certified Life Coach, Author and Speaker; I have conquered thirty years of abuse; including incest, rape, sexual, physical, emotional, verbal abuse, and two domestic violence relationships. Today, my vision is to empower you to reach emotional freedom while gaining clarity and discovering your infinite possibilities. 
“What happened; didn't happen to me, it happened FOR me and today my mission is to guide you to design a healthy, meaningful life through knowledge, consciousness, self-reflection, accountability, self-love and forgiveness.”

Contact me for more details.
773.419.3070
Healing the Mind, Body & Soul
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel
Follow me on Twitter
Like My FB Page
Follow me on Instagram
Thank you for reading: please follow and/or subscribe.