Monday, February 27, 2012

Dead Beat Dad or Father

According to S.P.A.R.C.E, Separated Parents Access and Resource Center, 62% of custodial mothers do not receive child support. However, of that number, three-fourths of them simply do not want child support, have not asked for it, have accepted other financial arrangements instead of child support, or the father does not have the money. Only 11% of those custodial mothers who do not receive child support are because of "deadbeat dads".
Too often many children have to use the quote stated in the picture to the left. Fortunate for me my son will not, since his father is a great part of his life. Now don't get me wrong, it's not all peaches and cream, but I know his father loves our son. Does his father pay child support? Yes, and through the courts as we both agreed. I did not get pregnant on my own.
Fathers, it's unfortunate that you decided to have unprotected sex, knowing full well that pregnancy is a possibility and with that comes child support. Children are very expensive and it is not fair for you to expect women to provide or care for a child you both created. Fathers behave as though they have no financial obligation to their child. Your threats are malicious, childish and pathetic, and it says nothing about a father who refuses to care for their child.

Threats from Dead Beat Dads, when mother files for child support.
I will beat your a**
I will not be taking him/her to school anymore
I will not help you in any other ways
If he/she does visit, send him/her with some money
I will not spend any more time with our child
I will walk away completely
I'm sure there are more threats but that's enough, I mean really, you are threatening to end a relationship with your child over money that you are obligated to pay.

I know there are fathers who support their children financially and spend time with them. However, for the fathers who refuse to pay or assist in raising the child you deserve exactly what you get. Let me also be clear about this, Ladies stop being malicious and filing for child support when you know he takes care of his child, but you have been cut off. Stop it; he doesn't owe you anything, only his child, not you; move on and stop being bitter.

Our children need their fathers, especially in today's society. Fathers, I know some of you can't stand to look at your kid's mother, but guess what, you are stuck with her for at least 18 years, but that has nothing to do with the child. Don't take your anger out on your child because you and the mother failed, or she treated you like garbage, or filed for child support. Be a good man/father and do the right thing. Be there for your kids, spend time with them, let them know you love them, help them with their homework, take them out for fun days, teach them to be better than you. Children do not ask to be here and you have no right to punish them because you decided to have unprotected sex. That is your fault and the only person you should be mad at is yourself. Stop being so caught up on the looks of a woman and be sure she has a forgiving heart is self-sufficient and wants you to be happy whether she is with you or not. Why, because a woman that really loves a man, and it doesn't work out, she will not want to see him hurting.

So men, step up and be a father to your child. The consequences that comes along with evading child support is more detrimental and in case you don't know, I will provide the list.

  • Driver's License Suspension 
  • Inability to Obtain a Passport 
  • Imprisonment 
  • Wage Garnishment 
  • Income Tax Garnished 
Are you prepared to face any of those penalties, because they all lead to more drama? It's just not worth it, so be a good sport, pay your child support and get involved in your child's life.
This Poem is dedicated to DEAD BEAT DADS, from my Book of Poems, "It’s All About Life"

c) Player to Payer
Known to many women, has no idea of his new life to begin
Women, unaware of his game,
But he’s such a Lame, he has no shame
Smelling and looking good, dressed from head to toe
Someone, you think you really want 2 know
Sitting on dubs and flossing his ice
Never once did he pay attention to the price
Price he will pay, since his babies are on the way
Way, his ways have been easily swayed
A player he was, but now he’s a payer
20% is a serious dent; all that’s in his pockets is the whitest lint
Not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4, guess who’s knocking at his door
Baby mamma, baby mamma, baby mamma drama
Drama filled his life with no room for a wife,
Since child support is always precise and quite right
Should have thought about that before all those nights
Nights of no condoms, Nights of no worries
Nights of so much pleasure, you thought you were a treasure
But never won the gold, I bet you thought you were so cold
Now you’re looking for someone to scoldtake a look in the mirror
And see the reflection because, now you broke with no way to cope
No more ice, no more dubs, all you’re sitting on is your mamma’s rug

If you require additional information, products or services, please stop by my website. 

I am not only a Certified Life Coach, Author and Speaker; I have conquered thirty years of abuse; including incest, rape, sexual, physical, emotional, verbal abuse, and two domestic violence relationships. Today, my vision is to empower you to reach emotional freedom while gaining clarity and discovering your infinite possibilities. 

“What happened; didn't happen to me, it happened FOR me and today my mission is to guide you to design a healthy, meaningful life through knowledge, consciousness, self-reflection, accountability, self-love and forgiveness.”

Contact me for more details.
773.419.3070
Healing the Mind, Body & Soul
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel
Follow me on Twitter
Like My FB Page
Follow me on Instagram
Thanks for reading; please comment, subscribe and/or follow.