Friday, February 24, 2012

Suicide

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know all too well as I have tried twice and contemplated once.

My perception of one who commits or contemplates suicide is one who has a severed relationship with God and self. Our bodies are not ours and if we all were in tune in God's words and love, there would be no statistics on suicide.

According to the CDC, the latest data available indicates that 36,909 suicide deaths were reported in the U.S. in 2009. This latest rise places suicide again as the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S. Nationally, the suicide rate increased 2.4 percent over 2008 to equal approximately 12.0 suicides per 100,000 people. The rate of suicide has been increasing since 2000. This is the highest rate of suicide in fifteen years. 

Those are disturbing numbers, I don't need to ask what would compel someone to commit suicide, since I have tried myself and contemplated. I understand depression, bitterness, anger and pain, but, today, I control and manage my emotions. Life is precious and suicide is never a solution. In my experience, the deeply rooted emotions that results in thoughts of suicide have not been processed. Many times we refuse to deal with or process past pain and/or emotions. When we do this, we allow our emotions to control us. Emotions are real, however can be controlled. You have to express your deepest emotions even if they are painful; releasing that pain, will result in freedom. In order to reach the light, there will be darkness to experience. Our experiences are not to be our demise, they elevate us to our destiny or purpose in life. Your past and pain holds the key to your future. Do not give up on yourself and take what's so precious; life. 

I know several people that have tried to commit suicide and a few who were successful. You would have never known that they were depressed. Many people hide behind their smiles and continue on in life, like there are no problems. Everyone has problems, everyone. No-one is problem or obstacle free. The key is to be willing to reach out for help. The moment you create suicide ideations is the moment you tell someone. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed, just tell someone. 

Suicide threats are serious and should be taken serious. If you know someone who has threatened to commit suicide, take that person serious and call for help. More than often individuals, who intend to commit suicide, do not tell anyone, they just commit the act. I never said a word to anyone when I tried. I simply took a handful of pills and waited. When I look back, do I regret that one day, not really, because without that experience I would not be where I am today. I am grateful I was NOT good at suicide. I understand that God loves me and I am here for his purpose and destiny. 

Life is filled with challenges and the best anyone can do is to have faith and realize the sadness you are experiencing will disappear the moment you come face to face with the rooted problem. 















"Do not be a fool--why die before your time?" (Ecclesiastes 7:17b)


















If you require additional information, products or services, please visit my website. 








Thank you for reading; please comment below and subscribe.